.

8/21/2003

I don't know how Mom did it, but she seems to have convinced Dad to move to Florida. She couldn't move anywhere he didn't want ta' go to, which is why she was looking into the Washington and California area. But she'd much rather live in Florida so she could be close to her Mother and sisters.

For the last few weeks she's been easing Dad into the idea of Florida. And apparently they're all going down there soon to check out the Tampa area. Crossing my fingers that he'll like it...


Tonights my last night here. I'll be moving into that spare room a few counties away tomorrow, and there's still so much planning to be done. I was planning on leaving the country late-October. After that, the discount I was going to use for my plane ticket expires and it'll be twice as much. I doubt I'll be able to make that date, so I've had to factor the extra costs into my budget.

But it's a small price to pay. I am so grateful for Mom's gift that I can barely express it in words.

Planning is all I can really do though. My new birth certificate hasn't come in yet, so I can't get my passport.

Plus, my plastic surgeon requires his TG patients to bring in a letter from their therapists that says they've been diagnosed as transsexual. I hadn't heard of that before for a fairly common cosmetic procedure, but whatever.

I'll call my therapist to see if she could just Fax the letter directy, but she might want to schedule an appointment with me since it's been awhile. And since she just got back from vacation, she's probably booked for a the next couple of weeks.

As soon as I get that letter I can move forward and schedule a surgery date.


Anyway, I'm all packed. Most of my stuff has been boxed away in storage. All I'll be bringing with me is a backpack and a small Xerox box filled with some stuff to tide me over for the next couple of months.

My Palm m125 finally broke down on me today, and is now totally FUBAR. (*cries* I loved that thing...) And I won't be taking my computer. So I'll have plenty of time and no excuses not to learn that foreign language, or memorize those damn math formulas. Plus there's a bunch of books I've been meaning to read.

Yup, the next couple of months are going to be very intellectual.

Of course, No Computer also means I'm not sure how often I'll be able to update this thing. I doubt I'll be able to immediatly post every thought that enters my head. (Yay! No more drunk ramblings!) Maybe around once a week or so.

No comments: