.

4/06/2008

Surgical Details- A Pre-Trip Overview

The Doc I decided on after conducting research is Dr. Chettawut Tulayaphanich. I've read a lot of Rave Reviews, so to speak, about him. Of course, after spending thousands of dollars, suffering through surgery, and having to live with the semi-permanent results, it's possible that one may gloss over the negative.

As everyone's body is different, results will also vary, and there's always the possibilities of complications. I guess if you're going to choose someone, you just have to depend on Education, Experience, Past Results, and hope that the Statistics will swing in your favor.

I chose Thailand because of cultural ancestory and my love of tropical, buggy climates.

Ah, No. It's cheap.

They say that one of the things you don't go Cheap on is Surgery. (And Sushi) But of course, "Cheap" is relative. Not including Travel and Hotel Costs, Living Expenses and so forth, my cost comes to about $8,000.00 USD.

Still, that's just a tad over the price of a Nose Job from a place down the street from where I live in San Francisco.

(For the record, I paid about $1100 on Orbitz.com for my plane ticket, including travel insurance. If I had signed up for those Frequent Flier programs years ago, before all those flights home to see the family, I could have gotten it for free. Ah well, Cest la vie. (Hey, that rhymes.)

The hotel, with the Chett discount, works out to about $450 for two and a half weeks. And I set living expenses at about $500, which seems pretty reasonable seeing as how I'll probably just be vegging in bed most of the time. I don't plan on shopping sprees or visiting any Tourists Traps. Though if I need more, I suppose I can tap into my savings.)

I will be undergoing three Procedures:

Rhinoplasty, Breast Augmentation, and a Trachea Shaving.

I had considered a Brow Ridge Reduction for a long time, but my bangs cover it pretty well, and I don't think it's THAT prominent. Women come it all shapes, and I think it's somewhat in line, if not exactly the norm. Just take a look at Laurie Holden, who I recently saw in the movie 'The Mist'. Here's a higher quality, more flattering pic.

Besides, that's like an extra Six Grand.

So, I'm going to go ahead, for now, and leave it at those three procedures. The Breast Augmentation is pretty obvious- I have just enough breast tissue to warrent a Breast Exam during my last checkup, but that's about it.

Trachea shaving- having very little body fat (except a little "pouch" around my tummy that I'm working on) it makes my Adam's Apple a little more prominent. It's noticable enough that I tend to wear chockers and scarves alot, even though that brings even more attention to that area. The Human Psyche is a funny thing.

Finally, Rhinoplasty. Ahhh, the Humble Nose Job. It's right there in the center of your face, so that can "set the tone" of everything around it, so to speak. The first cosmetic doc I had a consulatation with, years ago, said I looked like I went a few rounds with Tyson. I'm guessing that's a boxing metaphor of some sort. (Looking back, I remember that guy was a total jerk. I'm so glad I didn't go with him.)

I try to cover it up in my pics with Camera Angles and Makeup Tricks (Another Rhyme!), but it's a mess. It's slanted, humped, wide, round, blah blah blah. Basically it's been the focus of many self-esteem issues over the years.

I'm hoping that "fixing" that will help bring everything else into place. But I also remind myself that it's only surgery, not a Miracle. I don't want to have high expectations or anything. If I can just have a candid picture taken and not grimace too much over it afterwards, I'll be happy.

So, I think that sums it all up nicely. For more information checkout TSRoadmap.com and the ever giving Google.

I'll write more as the Date gets Closer. 37 Days to go!

Loading image

Click anywhere to cancel

Image unavailable

Loading image

Click anywhere to cancel

Image unavailable

Loading image

Click anywhere to cancel

Image unavailable

Loading image

Click anywhere to cancel

Image unavailable

Loading image

Click anywhere to cancel

Image unavailable

No comments: