.

4/14/2008

A Bigger World

Spent all Saturday working on the office. It's really not easy- sure, all one might see is some rearranging of our office supplies and some new equipment. They don't seem to realize all the stringing of wires through narrow passages and rerouting power that it requires.

I was on my hands and knees, behind drawers and covered with dust. (Checking the tape, my butt looks kind of cute from that angle.)

Of course, all I could hear when my back was turn was how stupid and cluttered it was. *sigh* I think there are some people in this world who just have to be miserable. They have to tear down and insult because maybe they were never taught kindness.

Or maybe they're just assholes.

Either way, it's pretty sad.

A few cops came in looking for someone. I told him that I recognized the name, because I've worked here over three years and he still gets mail occasionally, but I haven't seen him in at least that long.

The cop, an older guy, kind of looked me up and down, studying me for a minute. Than he leaned into the office and said, "Darling, there's a bigger world out here than [the block I work on]. Get out now, before it eats you alive."

Thank you, officer. I've been beginning to realize that for the past couple of years.

In the meantime, I try to occupy my mind with more entertaining manners. On Sunday I'll be dressing up for the Cherry Blossom Parade. This'll be the first time I've worn my more flamboyant outfits out in the harsh light of day. So, waxing my legs, bleaching some hair, using some tanner.

Ya' know- gettin' pretty'.

And in Surgical News- 29 Days to go- we have breached the thirty day mark!

No comments: