.

2/10/2008

:)

Today was a pretty good day.

It was sunny and warmer than it's been in a long time. Breaking from tradition, I took my Sunday walk down through the Mission. It was very pleasant, what with the weather and the ambiance.

As my mind wandered, I got to thinking about my iPhone again, and how this week I was planning on walking into an Apple Store to get a new one. But then I remembered! If I buy it through the ONLINE Apple Store, I can earn Frequent Flier Miles!

It would mean I'd have to wait a few extra days, but it'll be just about worth it. That's basically a 'free' Vegas flight right there. Though I'll probably save them, though.

Returning home, I saw I had an email from a visitor to my flickr page. Apparently I inspired him to paint a little portrait of me, which he included a picture of. I can't even begin to describe how flattering that was. There's so much talent and creativity in this world- it's really quite amazing.

There was something else waiting in my inbox- Emmy replied to my email.

Seven and a half months later and I finally hear from her. I felt thrilled, like a kid opening up a Christmas gift. She said that she was touched, and we should grab some coffee sometime.

On the one hand, I poured out my heart working on that Goodbye letter. I described how I felt, and said how much I appreciated our friendship, how I'd never forget her, how she changed me for the better, and ultimately, that maybe our splitting ways was for the best and would help us grow and evolve.

On the other hand, though, I miss her so much. I'd love to see her again, seeing as how last time, I didn't know that would be the last. I have questions- I'd like to know 'Why', for starters. But I also want to know what she's been up to, how she's feeling. How her day was...

Heh, who am I kidding? Of course I'm going to see her again, and as soon as I get my phone back, I'll set up a coffee date.

No comments: