.

5/16/2007

Treated like a Lady

My little project to completely immerse myself in the 'Web 2.0' is well underway, as you can see. I even have a Twitter account!
What prompted this? The new Blogger template, plus I'm trying to kill time during the slow moments here at work. I want to see just how far I can extend this little web network I'm creating, using all this different Internet technology.

Anyhoo, 'Amy' called and invited me to the Folsom Street Fair, which isn't until September 30th. I've always wanted to go, but I usually ended up missing it. Going with someone might be fun though. We're going to go window shopping for some killer outfits to wear to it.

She wants to buck the trend and go Victorian Gothic, as opposed to the usual leather stuff. That sounds fun.

Since 'Amy' and I became Just Friends awhile ago, I'm surprised at out how close we've gotten. I never really talked about the nature of our relationship before, but the truth was while we were dating she never really saw me as a 'girlfriend', but a feminine looking and acting guy. Which, hey, can you blame her? I mean, my genetic sex is male, and that's not going to change anytime soon.

Over the past year or so, I did start to notice that she had started to treat me like a woman. Whether that's a genuine shift in perception on her part or just a form of supplicating to my desires, I don't know. Don't care much, either.

I really took notice of the change at the club, when she led me out to the dance floor and taught me some moves. That brought it home for me. "THIS was a moment I should have experienced ten years ago!"

Better late than never.

It's the little things- Going shopping, gossiping, having fun... It gives a sense of belonging I haven't really felt in a long time.

No comments: