.

4/06/2006


Well, it's April. About a year ago, my pet cat Sammy passed away.

It was right before I took my first visit back to Florida to see the family, and Sammy was diagnosed with Cancer, and was put down by the vet. At least he didn't die alone- Mom was besides him the whole time.

I remember writing this really long eulogy-like entry after Mom called and told me what happend, but this was right when my Sidekick crapped out and the text was lost in the digital ether. It seems phony to try and reproduce it, but the main point was Sammy was a good cat, a good friend, and I miss him.

I miss the way the way he would hop up on my lap while I was at the computer, and if I looked down at him he'd sit up and rub his head against my cheek.

Or when I went to bed, no matter where he was in the house, I just had to make a 'tsk-tsk-tsk' sound and he'd run in and make himself comfortable at the foof of the bed, or the back of my shins when I slept on my stomach.



Rest in peace, Sammy. I miss you.

No comments: