.

4/07/2006

I'll be delaying my Vacation by a couple of months. I've decided to go to school during the Summer semester to help make up for all the time I've wasted. Did I mention I'm twenty-fricken'-three already? Jesus. As the joint paint I've been experiencing all day can attest to, I'm not getting any younger.

Not yet, anyway, though I'm expecting anti-aging therapies within the next 30 years or so. Funny, I've always thought of this whole 'Life' thing in a "Damned if you do, Damned if you Don't" kind of way.

On the one hand, the mere concept of Not Existing throws my mind into a tailspin whenever I think about it in length, a kind of neural feedback loop that culminates in an oppressive panic that can usually only be broken by a bit of Vodka and surfing my way through the various webcomics I read. Penny-Arcade, anyone?

But on the other hand, the concept of Eternal Life, be it technological or spirtual, seems, in my broken brain, just as paralyzing. I mean, sure, the first million billion years might be great, but the honeymoon has to end sometime, right?

And then what?

So I suppose if science does bring us unlimited rejuvenation, the best way to have my cake and eat it too would be to erase my memory and start all over.


Hmm...there might be a novel in there somewhere...



And my therapist says I think (read: Obsess) too much.



P.S. You know, thanks to 'BootCamp', my next computer might just be a Mac. Way to go, Apple!

No comments: