.

7/11/2008

Whoops

Sorry for the delay. I was only kidding about disappearing, but oooh boy, it's easy to slip down the rabbit hole when you're "coding". Or learning and practicing, in this case.

I'm starting with Python, and dabbling in C. C is cool because my robot reads it, and it's neat to type in a few esoteric commands and see it take off across the floor as it follows them.

This is all part of a larger project that should last the next year or so, and might end up in a bit of prize money. And even if it doesn't, well, it's something to do. I'll keep you updated on that.

Today is July 11th, AKA "The 2nd Coming", AKA iPhone 3G Release day!

Unfortunately, I don't get paid til' next week :( And I'm still debating whether to pick it up. (Gasp!) On the one hand, I already have a great, fully capable phone. a 32gb iPhone 3G will probably be released around the holidays. The service contract is more expensive.

On the other hand... I really want one! Now!

History has shown that my gadget lust often trumps my logic, but we'll see.

No comments: