.

6/05/2007

I've Been Through the Desert on a Horse with no Name

So I wasted $60 bucks on a cab ride trying to find Dad's address. Apparently the street he lives on has a North and South, and I went to the wrong one. I ran out of cash a few miles away, so I had the cabby drop me off and I started walking.

That was an adventure. When I found it was the wrong address, I got lucky by catching a cab pulling out of a gas station. He said it's pretty rare to be able to get one that far out from the strip.

So after that, I went to the Stratosphere and killed a couple of hours drinking and smoking. And then I went on the Star Trek: Experience, which was pretty cool. Being transported aboard the Enterprise was a Geeky dream come true.

So all in all, I had a good time, but two to three days is enough for me. I always get burnt out after that. Walking outside is like being in a blast furnace. Even the breeze feels like a wool blanket wrapping around me, making it hard to breath.

Back in San Francisco, stepping out of the airport and into the drizzly, wet fog brought a smile to my face. It was good to be home.

And now, ten days to go before I head back...

No comments: