.

9/13/2008

Vegas Recap

Oof- that's the last time I have six vodka rocks on a one and a half hour plane ride.

But I'm back home, relatively safe and sound.

Vegas was pretty low key. Mainly I did the touristy thing with 'Jewels', who had never been to Vegas. Did the rides, walked the strip, gorged at buffets. Oh God, that Bellagio Buffet- I'm glad I have a fast metabolism. I stuck with "surf", mainly- king crab legs, smoked salmon, shrimp... I'm getting hungry again just thinking about it.

It was kind of the off season, and we didn't have to deal with too many crowds or lines.

We went up to the top of the Stratosphere to do a couple of rides- we did the Big Shot, but chickened out of the Insanity and gave our tickets away. What was kind of cool though was that some Brazilian TV show was filming and I was sitting right next to the host, so if there's any South Americans reading, keep an eye out for me!

(I looked awful, though. I was hung over and the sun was glaring right into my eyes. Oh well)

We didn't gamble too much, but we play a little Roulette. I gave some of my money to Jewels and she lost it all, and then I just started betting on Red or Black. Hehe, that's pretty cheap. But I managed to win back enough to break even, which is when I quit.

I also won forty dollars at Black Jack- that was fun.

We didn't really go partying or anything. I was usually too tired.

I guess I really am a morning person, as I would naturally get up at six, and half to wait around til' noon before Adi and Jewel would drag themselves out of bed long enough to eat at a buffet and hit the sack again.

Eesh.

We still managed to have fun, though. Also I was able to see Dad and my brothers.

...And my new half-sister!

Yup, Dad's been busy and the Gene Pools' expanded a little bit. The babies only a couple of months old, and she's pretty cute. Dad said she's a splitting image of me when I was her age, right down to the thick "Mohawk" and chipmunk cheeks.

My brothers were pretty cool. They're not as agressive as they used to be, and their personalities are really starting to shine through. It was nice seeing them.

Well, that was Vegas.

No comments: