.

12/29/2006

Well, here I am, safe and sound in Florida.

The day after I arrived, we left Tampa for Orlando, and spent the day at the Magic Kingdom and Epcot. We also stayed at a pretty nice hotel.

Christmas was fun too, but I realized it doesn't quite seem to have the same magic as I remember. The anticipation, the time off school, the can't-get-to-sleep-because-Santa-will-be-here-in-a-few-hours...

I'm not completely dead on the inside yet, though. I cried a little when Mom handed me my presents.

-

Yesterday Mom and her boyfriend took me to a little warehouse where her friend practiced with his band ZeroCreep. It was an open bar, so I helped myself to some SKYY Vodka and cozied up and listened to the music. It was loud, but surprisingly good.

I also partook in a little bit of "Special" smoking with some people twice my age. That was kind of fun.

And, because of all the water I made sure to drink, I don't even have a hangover this morning.

Just a few more days left before I head back to the West Coast. I don't get homesick, but I am starting to miss the bustle of urban life.

No comments: