.

5/08/2006

Eesh, it's been awhile again. There's just not much going on. Everything's pretty stable.

Yesterday was my day off, so I did the usual, went to the bookstore and all that. It was still early after that wrapped up, and I didn't quite feel like going home yet, so I started walking. Walked up Market to the Ferry Building, followed the Embarcadero, hung out at Pier 39 for all of five minutes, and kept walking up past Fort Mason before finally heading south again for Downtown.

It was fairly pointless, but it was nice breaking away from routine for a bit.

I was also waiting from a call from dad. His mom was in San Jose for a wedding and she was thinking about dropping by to see me in SF. Now I know my grandma almost as well as I know Dad, and I knew the chances of her actually doing that were nil, at best.

Turns out I was right. I mean, the woman's rich enough to fly anywhere in the world whenever she wants too, which is often, what with all the art she collects from far flung locales. She could have seen me anytime in the last two years, and just because she's a couple of hours away doesn't change much. Out of sight, out of mind.

Dad DID call about a loan, though. Course, he still hasn't paid off the last one, but he's family, you know?

In other news...

Hmm, I haven't mentioned that I'm seen 'Amy' a few times since she threw me out. The first couple of times it was just annoying, pretending to be friendly while not mentioning the pink elephant in the room, the fact that she's pretending like everything is fine, we're great friends even though she threw me out on the street in the middle of the night.

I got a little vindictive, yes, hinting at how living at the hotel has helped out my working life. I'm getting paid more to be on-call, being the bosses right-hand 'person', and living rent free. So job wise, it was actually beneficial.

But still, I hold a grudge for awhile. It's the principle of the matter! Jeez, after everything, she could have given me a couple of days, or until the morning, at least. But noooooo, it's really no big deal, everything's fiiiiiiiiine. She sends me text messages at night saying how much she misses me and cares about me, or wishing be a good night, or a Happy Friday, whatever that is.

She invited me out for coffee the other day, and it was just like the 'old days'. It kinda made me sick, how I felt my grudge slipping a little when I saw that smile. At least when she hugged me later, wrapping her arms around my waist, pressing her cheek against my somewhat flat chest, I didn't quite return it, keeping my arms from finding the smoothness of her back.

Sure, you can only care anger for so long before it becomes rather pointless and a little sad. I'm not quite sure what I'm waiting for. An apology? Maybe, but it doesn't quite feel right. Something I can't put my finger on...

Anyway, I'm running late for work.

No comments: