.

3/22/2006

Well I've been pretty scarce, lately. I'm cramming for a math test coming up next week. Math has never been my strong point- the left hemisphere of my brain has suffered extreme beatings from it's counterpart on the right. Though I do respect math and find beauty in the universal language, I'm just no good at it.

So I've had to study extra hard just to grasp the basics, to stop my eyes from glazing over at the sight of an algebraic expression, but I'm making progress.

I haven't talked about College Life very much. The last entry I recall was years ago, when I was trying to decide which major to pursue. Biochemistry or Physics or Electrical Engineering or whatnot. Well, I finally did decide, somewhat on the spur of the moment- something which I'm infamous for.

Mom was pretty shocked, and frankly, so was I. I've always rebelled against the Establishment, the Corporate Machine. The last thing I'd want is to become another cog. But I started thinking, and unfortunatly, ecstatic idealism isn't always enough.

Look at Nikola Tesla, who tried to give Wireless Energy to the world for free, only to be halted and discredited by industrialist J. P. Morgan who stopped funding Tesla when he realized he wouldn't make a profit.

In this world where R&D can cost hundreds of millions, where politics is everything, where you have to play by Their rules or go home, change can only happen from the inside out. If you can't beat the International Corporate Conglomerates, then join them- as long as you get to be the boss, anyway.

Which is why I'm majoring in Business Administration: Concentration in Entrepreneurship. You can't play the game if you don't know the rules, right?


No comments: