Ugh, can't believe I'm back home already.

So my train ride to Boston was 9 hours long. I could have just taken a plane, but I wanted to be able to watch the scenery change the farther I travelled.

I wasn't dissapointed either. I saw the New York City skyline for the first time, and I had no idea the Rhode Island coast was so beautiful.

I arrived at 7:45pm. At first, it was a bit overwhelming standing in the middle of the city at night, with no idea where I was. But I just spent a few bucks on a map and headed for the nearest youth hostel.

Checking in was a simple affair and I soon had a bed. A top-bunk in a room with 2 other bunk beds. I opted to go for a mixed dorm instead of a private room so I could meet more people.

And I got my wish. Over the course of the next few days I met scads of people. Mostly european, but a few from south-east Asia as well. And just a footnote, I couldn't believe how many hotties (Guys and Girls alike) were staying there.

The next day, I spent the day walking around the immediate area so I could familiarize myself with it. I stopped in the Boston Public Library, which was absolutely huge, and then did a bit of shopping at the Prudential Center.

That evening I went with a bunch from the hostel to a local comedy club. It wasn't a very crowded show,but the acts were fantastic. After the show, a couple from the group and I made plans to go on a whale watching tour the next day.

I wasn't expecting much from that trip, maybe a good view of the coast. But sure enough, we were about an hour out at sea when the first Humpback made its appearance, raising it's tail in the air and everything.

After those left, we followed a Fin Whale for a bit, which showed us its flipper; a rare occurence according to the naturalist on board.

When we got back we split up, as I wanted to check out the Aquarium. I found out it would close in an hour though, so instead I walked around some more and found myself on Newbury St, kind of like New York's Fifth Ave.

Seeing a hair styling shop, I decided it was now or never and went in, chopping off a good deal of hair. I was going to go even shorter, but lost my nerve halfway through and decided to just leave it at chin length.

I think it looks pretty good.

That night, I met up with the same group from the Comedy Club and we checked out the Museum of Fine Arts. I spent hours walking the building; there was just so much to see.

On Thursday, my last full day in Beantown, I started the morning by going to the New England Aquarium. Not only was the giant central tank really cool, there was a trained California Seal named Tyler who was amazing and gave the coolest show. I wished my sisters were there; they would have loved it.

That afternoon I spent the day walking around the entire city. I went through Chinatown and the business district, and the huge park in the middle of it all.

I took in a bit to eat at a local place and got to bed early, since my train left at 6:30am the next morning.

The train ride was pretty uneventful. It was soldout so every seat was filled, and I was sitting next to a pretty girl I started chatting with. About that time the ticket collector came and ma'amed me, and the girl giggled her head off. Cool and embarassing, all at the same time.

And now here I am, back at 'home' and all ready to get back out again.

No comments: