.

11/07/2003

I called about my Birth Certificate in mid-October, and was told the same thing as the last time I called- It takes 6-8 weeks for processing.

Technically that time was up Oct. 28th, but I let it go 'til Nov 3rd before calling again.

I was than informed that the certificate was ready a month ago, but they couldn't send it without getting a copy of my Name Change Order.

*blink* And they couldn't have sent a letter or told me this when I called before?! Damn bureaucracy!

Fortunatly though, it's not that big of a problem. I just have to go to the court house to pick up a copy, and then drive it down to the Department of Records (2 hours away...) and they'll give me the certificate on the spot.

So I should have all that done by next week. I was getting stressed out because I have a non-refundable plane ticket for Dec. 15th, but it looks like things are starting to get back on track.



Stereotypes are curious entities. It's fascinating how the human brain automatically Assumes and Categorizes, but it sure can get annoying.

Like when Grandpa was telling me that he watched 'Chicago' on TV last week. He didn't care for it, but he was sure I "Thoroughly enjoyed it."

I haven't even SEEN 'Chicago', and at any rate I'm not a big fan of musicals.

And the other day Dad asked if I could use my talents in home decoration to help spice up his house.

WHAT talent? I don't know the first thing about any of that crap.

I was expecting it, so I'm not sure why it bothers me so much. I guess it's because I'm going through a lot of trouble to dig out the real person inside of me, and no one seems to want to get to know her. If they did they'd see she's still mostly me.

Well, it could be worse. It's not really that big of a deal. Just thought I'd mention it.

No comments: