.

2/14/2007

I haven't been 24 for that long, yet I've already reached two milestones.

First, I opened myself a Roth IRA and made a pretty sizable deposit. All I have to do is keep depositing for the next forty years, and maybe I'll have a little spending money during my last few seasons on this planet.

Second, I bought my first anti-wrinkle cream. Stacia teased me pretty hard about it. She's five years older than me, so she always gets annoyed when I talk about how old I'm getting.

Well, that dumb raised eyebrows "Who?" expression I've been making since childhood is starting to take it's toll. Might as well do what I can.

Let's see, what else...

Ah. Well it started out with my new Mac. We have a wireless internet kiosk in the hotel lobby, but if you try to connect to it, it takes you to a payment screen. The kiosk operator set up the software to allow the office computer through the filter (A MAC filter I later learned)
and my old laptop.

I tried for days to reach him, to get him to let my new Mac through, but he was out of town.

It took me a solid two days, but I finally figured out how to 'spoof' (change) my MAC address to get through the MAC filter on the kiosk. It was pretty exhilarating, typing a few lines of commands in the Terminal, and then watching FireFox connect to pvponline.com

So lately I've been getting into computer code, Linux, that kind of stuff.

lol, I'm such a geek...

No comments: